Now locate the scatter file you saved in Step 6 and click Open. Open the SP Flashtool stock ROM (firmware) folder and launch flash_tool.exe SP Flashtool should now open. The most needed file for the backup; the Scatter file, can now be created automatically. Turn on USB debugging on your MTK Android and connect it via a good USB cable to your PC. MTKDroid Tools will now detect your phone and display its specs. Unpack the MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.3 and SP Flashtool you downloaded above so as to access its contents. It costs $5/month for a basic plan with no ads and limited features, or $30/year for a premium plan with no ads and unlimited features.
- In this tutorial, we will show you how to go back to the stock ROM from a GSI ROM via Fastboot or TWRP.
- Another way is to use ADB and Fastboot, which allow you to push updates and ROMs to your phone.
- You may be wondering why some of the interesting Android-based ROMs (CalyxOS etc.) are only restricted to supporting Google’s Phones.
- At this point, Paranoid Android has added support for a long list of smartphones including Xiaomi, OnePlus, realme, Nothing, Google, and more.
- This guide can be used to install stock firmware on Google Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 4, Pixel 5, and Pixel 6, including their variants.
After downloading it on your PC, extract it to Desktop or another location you’d prefer. SamMobilemay be the best choice to download stock firmware of Samsung device. Or you can go to Samsung Updates, XDA Forum or Google to find the correspondent firmware of your device. Once the flashing process is complete, you will get a PASS! Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone from the above mention links and unzip the folder on your desktop.
It will definitely remind you of Resurrection Remix and Paranoid Android from the past. The biggest obstacle to using a ROM to revert to stock is that you’re relying on someone else to create the ROM for you. If you have a popular phone with an active community on the XDA Developers forums, then this won’t be a problem. If you own a lesser-known device, a stock ROM may be harder to find.
This way, you can easily backup all your phone’s internal storage data to your pc. As this backup is stored on your computer, you can restore it any time by connecting your device and copy-paste the backup files. The backup size may be bigger, depending upon your usage.
In addition, it offers a feature to analyze real-time data requests from your apps. So, you can keep track of the apps that want to collect your data and get control if you allow/prevent them from tracking your data. With the ever-growing surveilling presence of advertisement giants like Google and Facebook on your personal devices (including smartphones), it is time you do something about it.